I went looking for my creativity last week for my Me and YOU Monday goal. I didn't get far..... I did think about them a fair bit, because I left them on the kitchen bench so I would be continuously looking at them in the hope of inspiration. To be honest, all that really does is take up valuable bench space and give them the potential of getting dirty and therefore put imperfections into them for when I do decide what to do with them, so that isn't really helping.
I did stop by the cheap shop at my local shops and get some paint colour ideas too. I just haven't actually bought anything yet. Moreso because I haven't gotten off my ass and gone to the craft shop. I want to go to a specific shop because they sell paint and scrapbooking paper, and they also have tables set up with bits of paper and paint etc. that the store staff 'play' with all day, so I'm hoping that they will occupy Mackenna for 15mins while I look around the shop, saves me taking the double pram. It's just a mission, because it is the only shop that I want to go to in the particular block of shops, so it's will take me longer to get ready and get the girls in and out of the car then I'll be in the shop. I really want to to take the girls down though, because I know Mackenna will have heaps of fun and it will be interesting to see her reaction, I just have to prepare myself for it! (Call it laziness if you like.)
This week, I think I'm going to have a 'meh' edition. Last week, Karlee (who's great idea Me and YOU Mondays are) was having a bad week and decided that she was going to have a 'meh' week. One that included lots of rest and not doing much at all. (At 36wks pregnant and battling a bout of gastro, she needed it and it seems to have done her good, bless her! You can read about it here.) I think I'm going to have one of those this week.
This last week, I've kind of lets things just get to me. Nothing has changed - Piper is still waking up at least twice a night, I struggle to keep on top of all the washing, there are piles of clutter lying around the house, the dishes pile up (I don't put the kids things in the dishwasher and I find it hard to unpack while Mackenna is at my feet, because her 'helping' creates more work, bless, so they just pile up...) Todd has to dig through a basket of clean washing to find a pair of socks each morning, there are toys everywhere and I have a list of things to do around the house as long as my arm (you know all those 'spring cleaning' type tasks... cleaning out the kitchen cupboards, the bathrooms, the garage, the garden, etc. etc.) and normally, I just kind of accept it and get on with each day, but last week, I just let it get to me, which meant I didn't really do anything about it - just looked at it, making my house a mess and resented it. Poor Todd coped it a fair bit and he'd had a rough week at work, so it probably wasn't all that pleasant for him. I let the 'tired' get to me too - normally I just deal with it.... do whatever I have to do, tired or not, and try not to let it impede on my days, but last week, I just let it take over. I was sick of always being tired and always waking up tired and cold and having to get out of bed at a moment's notice in the dark.
So this week, I'm going to just not let it bother me. Try not to let anything bother me and just 'chill out' a bit. I am keen to shift a bit of the housework and if I'm not worried about it, I generally tend to get more done (stupid much...? but it works for me.... if I worry about it, I get frazzled and try and organise 'how' I'm going to tackle it. If I don't worry - I just do one thing at a time as I feel like doing it and it all ends up getting done and in half the time.) I'm also going to try and not let the 'tired' take over. I'm not putting any pressure on us to do anything and will just do whatever we (I) feel like doing each day. We'll go to Playgroup on Wednesday, because by then Mackenna will need the outing, and we'll go up to the shops to get Piper weighed tomorrow, but both of those are relatively easy and stress free outings. And finally, I'm going to try not to bite Todd's head off for no reason, especially when he's just trying to help.
Let's hope it turns out to be a good week! :)
Check out Karlee's blog, The Mother Experiment to see what other's are up to this week and offer them some encouragement with their goals.
A "meh" week sounds like a wonderful idea for you too. :) I think we all need to practice not letting little things bother us. It's especially difficult when tired, and yes, getting up to babies and bearing the boob in the cold is really hard. It's something I am not looking forward to! With Alexis I used to keep a blanket near her feeding chair and I'd drape it around my shoulders, it really helped. What REALLY helped though was Corey getting up and changing her nappy while I peed and had a drink of water...
ReplyDelete