So since my last link up, Domestic Goddessness - can I really do it, I must admit I kind of went a bit 'oh well' on the housework. Piper was up early and I had no energy to do anything, so by the end of the week, the house looked like a bomb had hit it! I didn't add to any clutter though, except for the mess's the kids made, which I just didn't clean up, so it just piled up a bit. Poor Mackenna, when I don't clean up her toys each night, she gets bored with them all, because she has nothing to
And Piper's room was kind of decorated... not really at all actually. She had all her furniture, but nothing much on the walls. Since she was born, we've added her hands and feet scultpure, some gorgeous paintings and various things that hang off the roof, but it just needs to be finished and cleaned up properly (Cyclone Mackenna generally gets most vicious in Piper's room!) and I really want to pull everything off the walls and rehang them.
So anyways... I have had these for a while. MDF cutouts, just waiting to be painted and hung, which I think will finish them off perfectly. I just can't decide 100% what colours to do and how to finish them off... I'm not the best painter in the world and I am certainly absolutely NO GOOD at painting details. My best bet is to use scrapbooking paper cut out in various shapes to add colours and details, so not only do I have to decide what colours are going to be best to use as my base, but I have to decide what patterns to use to 'detail' them too.... soooo many different choices and when you are the most indecisive person in the world, it can take a while and a bit overwhelming. I think I'm going to do Mackenna's in pastel purple, pastel green and dark brown to match her other artwork, but I'm not sure how the multiple colours will look, so guess I just have to do it and see and hope for the best. Piper's is the really hard one.... all the individual cutouts and shapes are for her room, so I have to find the right balance of colours and then paint and decorate them all up and hope like nothing else that once I get them all across her walls, they look good. Her room is pink and white, with random pastels splashes throughout, so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to get them all to fit in nicely. Thankfully the girls Nana has a great eye for decorating, so once they are all painted, I'm going to get her over to help me hang them all up again!!
I'm by no means going to get these all finished this week, but to just make a good start on at least having some direction with them and to buy the materials I need, would be great.
Any suggestions are welcome in regards to colour ideas for the cutouts!!! I need all the help I can get!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!