Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rocky Road fail!

(I know this is totally gross, but it gave me the first really good laugh I've had in ages and for who knows what reason, I wanted to share it!  I'm so annoyed that I wasn't able to get it done tonight that if I don't laugh about it, I would probably be a sobbing mess on the floor!!!  Probably a 'had to be there'  kinda thing but I'm going to post it anyway! And yes...  I have a very strange sense of humour!)

On Wednesday, I made this Rocky Road as a trail run for Mackenna's party on Sunday....  yum, right?!  And trust me, it tastes as good as it looks!!!  I am pretty proud of my effort!!



So I went to make 'the batch' tonight, but I had to go down to Woolies and get some more chocolate.  I didn't make it there before they closed, so I headed to Night Owl.   They only had Nestle Melts and even though I'm a 'Cadbury's all the way' girl (if I'm going to do it, then I'm going to do it right!) I handed over $6.50 for a bag, because I really wanted to get it done tonight.

Came home and got this ready:

Get the water boiling, put the chocolate in the bowl and pretty much immediately, I know this is not going to do what it's suppose to.

This is what happens when you buy a bag of chocolate that's probably been sitting on the shelf in Night Owl for the past 2 years!  Definitely won't do that again (and I'll be sticking with the Cadbury's!)





















And then (we'll call this one No. 2 Fail) I tried to dispose of the now almost completely hard lump of chocolate down the sink.  This is the what I ended up with




Gotta love failing BIG TIME and being able to stand there and just laugh, really loudly at yourself!  If I didn't know it was chocolate, I seriously would have hurled! (And I have 2 kids in nappies, so normally this kind of thing really doesn't phase me at all, but this was just WRONG!!)

Hope you weren't eating :P


1 comment:

  1. Lol! We had a similar thing a few years ago.. I'm glad you're laughing.nestle melts are great for fondue but not Rocky Road. We do a really easy 'rocky road' mix with really soft chocolate and only soft ingredients so its safe for lexi. I much prefer it to the real thing and its so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!