Once again, it's Tuesday and I haven't yet written my Me and YOU Monday post.... but, I have a good reason this week! I was busy working on my goal.
My poor girls have spent the last month with me with my head in so many different things..... Christmas, organising Child care and a 2nd birthday and party to have. They have had attention and love and care and food and all those things that their mother is suppose to do for them, but I've been very quick to put a DVD on or watch Yo Gabba Gabba episodes all day long, or leave them in their highchairs for an extra half an hour to get all these things done, or give Mackenna 2 colouring books and a whole heap of pens and pencils while Piper swings away in her swing.... just anything so I could get things done without having to always have my eyes on them.
So after Mackenna's party on the weekend (stay tuned for "More Adventures of a Supermum!") and after spending pretty much the whole day and the few days leading up to it paying hardly any attention to the girls, I decided on Sunday that I'd spend this week spending actual quality time with them, especially before I head back to work and them to Kindy. Sitting on the floor rolling a ball back and forth for Piper for hours if she wants to, getting out a piece of paper and drawing my own pictures with Mackenna, setting up train tracks for Mackenna or just running around, tickling them or playing Peekaboo etc etc. And I had to start yesterday! That's why I didn't get a post up. Normally I would post either early morning when Mackenna is having her breakfast and Piper is content in her walker, but that just didn't happen. And if that doesn't work, I would do it when they are both sleeping. Yesterday it was like a relay race... I put Mackenna in bed for her nap, closed the door and went and got Piper up and then later on, immediately after I put Piper down for her afternoon nap, I opened Mackenna's door for her to come out. Not even one minute without a child around my feet. I'm not complaining and it was good to spend one on one time with each of them, it just meant that I didn't get too much of anything else done. I would have loved to sneak a nap in too (which is what I should be doing now!) I so desperately need it... but you know.... priorities and all!! ;o) I didn't even hear Todd's alarm going off this morning (which says something!) and instead was woken up by this little teeny tiny "Mum-ma, Mum-ma, I'm a-waay" (awake) and a little hand patting my shoulder (best type of alarm there is!! :) ) after Piper had woken her up (.... I didn't hear Piper waking up either, which is really saying something about how deep a sleep I must have been in!!!)
So that's what I'm going to focus on this week.... quality time with my beautiful girls!
I'm not sure if Karlee over at The Mother Experiment still has the link open... I'll link up if she does, if not - go over and check it out anyway and find out what everyone else is working on this week and offer some words of encouragement.
(Yay... the link's still open :) )
I am so happy to read this. We have been doing the same here at our house and it's amazing how well children respond to some simple time with mummy playing on their level. Actually I make a point to do this EVERY DAY but not all day.
ReplyDelete