Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Me and YOU - Late again!!!

Hi everyone and welcome to 2012.  I've had a New Years post half drafted for 2 weeks to post up and still haven't had a chance so maybe I'll get to finishing that off today and getting it posted.

Today is Tuesday and once again I'm late for Me and YOU.  I haven't even checked over at The Mother Experiment yet to see if the link is still up and I feel totally terrible for letting Karlee down the last 2 weeks of Me and YOU....  I just haven't had time to sit at the computer and write, or read or barely even log in. You would think with Todd being around that I'd have the spare time, but him being home means lots of outings and when we are home it's all about making sure the babies are looked after and having fun (especially with all the new toys that they and us are still learning how to use!) and my own sleep.

Anyways, even if I've missed the link up, I thought I'd post anyway.  I don't really have any goals for this week either....  after a few weeks of Christmas, New Years and just trying to stay on top of everything, I think it's time for a week of rest.  I've been trying hard to get to bed early the last few days in an attempt to start the year off not sleep deprived, which has been so far successful, but being so busy has caused a weak muscle in my back to give out, so it's hard to get motivated when it hurts to stand or sit or lie in particular positions and knowing that babies still need picking up whether I'm broken or not!!!  I'll get past it with the help of some Nurofen though, so it should be all good in a few days...  hopefully.  (Sometimes I find massages counteractive, so I'm not keen to rush off to the physio....  they tend to make me hurt even more for 2 or 3 days afterwards!!!)

I do want to get some things done around here, but I'm not putting any pressure on myself nor am I going to be too hard on myself for not getting things done.  I don't have a list....  there is so many little 'decluttering' like things to do (eg. find a place to put Christmas and all the toys that have been bumped from the rotation) and I have 2 weeks worth of washing to catch up on etc. that writing a list would probably take just as long as getting half of the jobs done!  I really want to make this year our year (12 has kind of become our families 'number') so I'd love to also just try and work out a plan for achieving the things we want to achieve.  We've had our years of having babies and our 'snow globe' of life being smashed into millions of pieces and being put back together so now is the time for us to be a family and enjoy what our lives are now with these 2 totally amazing little children.

For an update on my last Me and YOU goals.....  we absolutely smashed the girls Christmas month!!  Smashed it out of the ballpark!!!  I so wish that the whole world could have experienced Mackenna's moment with Santa!!  It was awesome.  All month I was asking her if she was going to ask Santa for trains for Christmas, trying to teach her a little bit about what going to see Santa was all about (Santa had given me some insight that's what he was bringing them!) and when we finally got to hop out of the pram and go and see him, she stood in front of him with these beautiful little eyes looking right at him and when I asked her what she wanted him to bring her (all the while thinking to myself "Here's your moment sweetie!") this beautiful little voice said right to Santa "twains."  It was perfect... she couldn't have done it any better!! I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it.  It was certainly on the list of 'Moments of 2011" for me.  And both her and Piper were just amazing with him.  How is this photo of Piper and Santa?  How many parents can say this is how their childs first visit ever with Santa panned out?  I was so proud of both of them.


And Christmas Day was amazing.  Piper is obviously too young to have any idea of what is going on, but she had fun nevertheless.  Mackenna had what I would probably consider the best day of her little life.  She had so many new things to play with and explore and opening presents for her was so much fun that she didn't matter who's presents they were, she was going to open them anyway!!  And we extended Christmas by having Boxing Day with my Mum and Dad where they were both spoilt rotten once again!  I'm so proud to say they both had a great Christmas filled with love, family, fun and way too many presents!!

And to be honest, I haven't worked on December's To Do list and I can't even really remember what I had planned for the other parts of the month, so I've decided to just write them all off as 'non-events' and start all over again.  Starting with a week of not doing much and trying to get back to some normality!

.....  and I've just checked....  link is still open, so I better get this up there!!  Head on over to The Mother Experiment for some more interesting Me and YOU posts than this one for the week and some New Years resolutions too!

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely to read that your "Christmas month" was so enjoyable for you all. I know what you mean about having the man home causing routines to go out the window. We have had a great time but boy it's tiring! I'm trying not to freak out about how I'll cope when it goes back to just me and the kids. We decided to hide the toilet training stuff for a few more months at least because nappies are just easier.
    Gorgeous pic of Piper btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still trying to recover from the Christmas madness I mean fun here as well. Hubs at work this week but then has 3 weeks off so still plenty of goal down time here :) Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses for a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhianna that's a great way to do it, hubby having his holidays while most people are back at work. That's very clever :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!