Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Last week of being a SAHM :(

Happy Monday everyone!  It's just started raining here and the kids are asleep, so I thought I should sit down and right my Me and YOU post with The Mother Experiment.  I should be folding washing or finishing the shed clean up that Todd and I started on the weekend, but meh.....  this kind of weather calls for not doing housework!!

This week marks the last week that I will be able to call myself a Stay at Home Mum.....  as of next Monday, my Parental Leave is over and I'm heading back to work.  I consider myself quite lucky to still have this job to return to after being on continuous Parental Leave for over 2 years.  The thought of starting a new job, with new surroundings and people after such a long break of being just a boring recluse who only knows how to talk about bottles and poo Mum is one that freaks me out.  Not that this doesn't freak me out too, lots has changed in my office, there's lots of new faces (actually, there aren't too many familiar one's left!) and they've even changed the decor a little bit (which needed doing before I left!!) but knowing a few people, knowing how to log into the computer and having a familiar email address and systems to use (....  actually, they've probably changed those too!) and knowing where the toilets and lunchroom are helps to calm some of the nerves.  I also know that I have heaps of training courses to catch up over the first few days, so that will be a good way to get the brain back into thinking mode, rather than just having to hit the ground running again back into the work.

To be honest, there aren't a lot of nerves...  not at the moment anyway.  They will come though in the next few days as the 'big day' approaches, no doubt.  For now and as I've mentioned before in previous posts, I'm excited about getting back into 'the real world' (whatever that really is?!?  My views on this have changed a bit over the past couple of years) and using my brain again.  I'm excited about being able to have a takeaway lunch in the city (soooo many choices and someone else makes it for me :D ) and being able to eat it without interruption....  actually, I can go as far as read a magazine, a whole magazine all at once, with my lunch if I want too!!  And I'm excited about being able to talk to people about things other than things related to my kids.  (That is, if I have anything else to talk to people about....  I might have to prepare myself some 'non-child related' conversation topics, just so I'm not just that crazy Mum who doesn't talk about anything else...  any help would be appreciated with this ;o) )  I don't want to sound too enthusiastic and everyone has been saying to me "Oh, you looking forward to it? You sound very excited", but I guess I'm trying to focus on the positives on the situation, rather than dwelling on the negatives.  That will probably just make me cry and I don't want the girls seeing anything that may upset or unsettle them.  (Piper wouldn't be a problem, but Mackenna is starting to really get that sense of 'awareness' now and she doesn't miss a thing!)

The girls are pretty much ready to start Kindy.  I've been busy labelling everything they plan on taking and organising all the things that need organising (....  any donations on paying their first round of fees would be greatfully accepted too......  by the time you pay a week's fees as a bond for each child, plus always having to be in advance for a week for both of them.....  OUCH.... seriously....  it's nasty, especially when I'm yet to get paid!!)  The girls special presents we ordered won't be here for their first day...  as far as I know, they are still sitting in the shop in the States waiting to be sent, even after I paid extra for the Priority Shipping nearly a week ago now, but what can you do?

So this week, I'm just going to enjoy my last week as a Stay at Home Mum.  I'm going to spend heaps of time with the kids, get all caught up on as much housework as I can (doing a pretty good job so far!!) and all the odd jobs and errands I have lying around and just try and be a good wife and mum.  And rest and catch up on as much sleep as I can too.  (Hoping to get a haircut in at some stage too :P)

So...  I'm probably going to be busy....  busy enough to take my mind of the big changes we've got coming anyway ;o)  

Head over and say hi to Karlee at The Mother Experiment and check out the other Me and YOU posts for the week.  Offer up some words of encouragement too!  We all love getting comments :)

(And let's see if I can work this flash new button Karlee has made!!  If I can get it to work... click on it!!!  Seriously, click on it!  How could you not want to see where those gorgeous little faces lead!?!)


(Go on.....  you know you want too!!)

3 comments:

  1. All the very best for your return to work. I'm planning on returning to paid employment myself soon so I will be following your story with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this last week and all the best for your first day back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best mate. It's perfectly fine to be excited! As you said, no need to focus on the negatives and make yourself upset. You're so lucky you can do part time so you still have two days a week at home with the girls. Enjoy this last week and it's good you're going to be too busy to stress. Thanks for taking the time to link up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!