Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Me and YOU - Let's try again this week

Happy Monday everyone......  and especially happy Monday before Christmas.  I'm excited...  Christmas with a nearly 2 year old, and the first for Piper is going to be loads of fun.  Todd and I have kind of gone just a little bit overboard with gifts for the girls this year... kind of.... not completely over the top, but maybe more than we probably should have (and I like to wrap absolutely everything individually, so it makes for what looks like LOTS of pressies!) but it is all in fun and I'm sure what Mackenna has asked Santa for, Todd and I are going to have more fun with for the first little while....  that is of course, if Santa brings her what she's asked for!! ;o)  

I had a shocking week with my Me and YOU goals last week.  I can't really say that I accomplished any of them at all.  I tried to put in the effort, but I didn't as well.  I tried with the bottles and I did do pretty good, but not as well as I would have liked.  I did stay on top of the washing up and the clothes washing though, so I'm pretty happy with that.  As for going to bed earlier....  ha....  did one night, just because I couldn't possibly stay awake any longer but the other nights were a joke.  I'm still blaming Channel 10....  it was the last few episodes of the Go Girls season and I am glad that I stayed up, because they were really good episodes and the IQ box failed on the recording, so I would have missed them otherwise (... it's much nicer to watch them on the TV, rather than on a download!!!)  Blog posts....  I was busy.....  I was so busy that I was hardly home and when I was home, I had to be doing housework to stay somewhat on top of it.  I wanted and needed to ring my sister ALL week...  in fact, I should probably be talking to her now, rather than writing this, but it's the perfect time to write this while the girls are asleep and I want to get it linked up early.  (I'm on borrowed time with Mackenna at the moment...  she's due to wake up any time now, so I'd probably have to cut the conversation short anyways if I did ring.)  I got a heap of the paperwork stuff done, but that was more out of necessity than actually making an effort to sit down and do it.  There are still piles of papers lying around to be sorted and filed.

(And on that note, I think I just heard her talking to her teddy....  have to make the rest of this quick!)

So anyways...  I didn't get anything done because I was busy.  We had a really busy week, add in a 2 hour power black out right at the girls sleep time on a day they both needed a long afternoon sleep (try putting 2 girls to sleep in a dead quite house, when they are used to the noise of air con's and fans/music/tv/fish filters etc. etc....  thank god for battery operated iPod dock's and a huge packet of spare AA batteries earmarked for Christmas day!!) and I just didn't have time to concentrate on anything for too long at a time.  I'm exhausted....  completely and utterly exhausted!  It's that time of year and it is taking it out of me this year!  Everyone seems to be in the same state of mind though...  well those few I've had time to speak to or blog posts I've had time to read anyway!!  Thankfully, in a week's time, Todd will be on holidays for a week and that will help so much to take off some of the pressure and help me to refresh a bit for the new year.  There's some changes in the wind for our little family for the new year that could turn out to be really positive for us all, so I'm looking forward to being able to share the load with Todd a little bit and have some fun with the girls while he is home.  We always have so much fun all together and the girls absolutely love it when Daddy is home.  Hopefully too, I might manage a sleep in or 2....  not getting too excited at this stage, but the possibility exists!! ;o)

I honestly wasn't going to participate in Me and YOU this week because at this present moment, I'm just feeling flat and like I wanted to have one of those 'meh' weeks, but I didn't want to let Karlee and Rhianna down, so I thought I'd submit something anyways....  I don't plan on making any new goals this week, other than to have a great Christmas day.  I just want to keep up trying with those I made last week and not put any pressure on myself to do anything really at all.  The girls have lots of catching up to do with their friends to give them their little gifts, so I would really like to be able to do that without putting extra pressure and stress on myself to achieve other things.

I wish every single person reading this a very, very Merry Christmas and an insanely happy New Year.  2012 is going to bring great things for our little family (I just know it!) and I hope it does for yours too.  For those celebrating a little one's 1st Christmas.... enjoy every single minute of yours and their day and what Christmas as a parent means (even if they have no real idea of what is going on just yet ;o) )   And don't forget to be thankful for your kids and give them a couple of extra tight cuddles and big kisses!  Christmas with children makes it all so much more special... life with children is so much more special and Christmas is the perfect time to let them know just how thankful you are for them and for what they bring to your life and just how much you love them!    

And don't forget to head on over to The Mother Experiment to check out what the others are up to this week :)  



 




3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you as well lovely Kristy, may it be filled with love and fairy wishes and butterfly kisses.

    Good on you for not putting any extra pressures on yourself. I think just surviving this week is an achievement in itself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd already commented off my phone but it's not here. I think I need to stop wasting time trying to do that. grr. I can't remember what it was I said. I should be sleeping obviously as William will be up in about an hour. argh. my life of being so exhausted but not able to sleep. so annoying. maybe I should wrap the presents and clean the house and all that jaz. wouldn't want to wake anyone though...
    anyway, you had a huge week and you're doing well at your monthly goal of giving the girls an uber awesome December, so hold your head up and be proud. Maybe we should have stuck to monthly ;). hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Succeeding the first time around would just be boring! Just get back on the bike, and keep trying!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!