Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

I know I can do it..... now I've got to keep it up!


I tried to get some time to sit down and do a post for last Monday to link up with Me and YOU - Making It Matter over at A Parenting Life and it just didn't happen.  I had hoped to do it during my lunch break, but the noise in the Food Court made my already pounding head almost turn into a migraine and by the time I had gotten home, I was absolutely brain fried!!  I could barely keep my eyes open by the time I'd done all the necessary chores and my brain was barely functioning.  

I tried all week, but instead did a bit of what Karlee at The Mother Experiment likes to call "justifiable procrastination" (check out her post...  she describes what is just like a regular day in our house!) and wrote a random post about whether I should take advantage of my daughters regular morning bowel movements.  And I managed a Wordless Wednesday post, but those ones are easy to do in a hurry!  I'm not really sure how I got so off track, but I'm guessing it had something to do with the mushy brain!

So this week, I am determined to get a post linked up!  To be honest, my main focus at the moment is just getting into a good routine on my work days and to make sure the girls catch up on some sleep and love and cuddles on my non work days.  As it has been for probably about a month now.  It's probably getting boring hearing about it.  But it really is huge for me and for the girls and I want it to be as stress free as I can possibly make it.

I'm doing well with it.  Actually sitting down and thinking about it, I'm a little bit proud of myself.  I am notorious for stressing about stupid things that I can't change or have no control over and normally things that are just made worse by worrying about them.   Thankfully I've managed to keep my head really well and have just gone with the flow and it seems to be working.  I don't have unrealistic expectations on me or Todd or the girls, almost to the point where I expect frustrations and disappointment.  It makes the little ones seem not so bad.  Normally I'd stew over silly little things I did wrong or forgot (like not taking water bottles for them on Friday or checking their bags for their teddies or forgetting to check when Piper slept on the way out or whatever) but I'm not at the moment.  I'm not stressing about housework that isn't getting done and the fact the my clean washing pile looks like a volcano erupting (my thoughts are at least it's clean.)   You can barely walk in our garage, walk in robe and parts of our bedroom after we I decided Saturday night would be a good time to completely clear out the last part of the house that hadn't yet been taken over by the kids and turn it into a rumpus/toy room for them. One advantage to not being home all day is that it is tidy when we get home and the girls don't have much of an opportunity to mess it up to badly, so that helps limit stress.    But, you know what.... I'm not all that phased about the growing To Do List.  I'll get it done when I can.

It's a nice way to be.  It's probably just the sleep deprivation and the fried brain that is causing this.....  my brain seriously does not have the capacity to do or process anything more than what it needs to to survive at the moment, but I'll take it.  I'll try and embrace this kind of feeling while I've got it, cause I just never know when it will change back!!

So I'm just going to keep doing that for this week.  Just try and keep up my "I can do this" attitude and do it.  Without stress.  Hopefully by next week, I may have had enough sleep to be able to start thinking again!

Head on over to A Parenting Life to check out some more Me and YOU - Making it Matter posts for the week!

A Parenting Life

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in. You make a great point about tha difference tha is made just by taking the time to stop and think about things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "I can do this" attitude. Sometimes that mindset makes the difference between truly being able to do it, and falling into a slump.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!