I am currently a stay at home Mum to my gorgeous 1 year old daughter Mackenna, with another little girl due to arrive in just 6 short weeks. I always have a lot to say, but as Mackenna doesn't really seem too interested a lot of the time (bless her ;) ), my poor husband Todd hears all about all the little drama's that happen around the house day in and day out.... most of which, I do appreciate, really don't need discussing or even mentioning, but as being at home is all I do, it is my world and for some strange reason is important to me and I feel it's important to at least be able to tell someone and get it off my chest.
I recently met another new mum, Karlee, who has a beautiful little girl who will turn 1 at the end of the month, who writes a blog. I always enjoy reading her posts as her daughter Alexis and Mackenna are so similar in not only their developmental stages, but also in their personalities & mannerisms. I also see alot of myself in things that Karlee does or writes about and often find myself having a quiet little chuckle and thinking to myself "At least it's not just my crazy baby... or me!"
And it is with that inspiration that I thought I might start writing a blog too..... not really for any good reason, just to tell my story and spend some time 'connecting' to the outside world (I would have you think I am a prisoner in my home... it's not that bad really... although, some days I may think it is! And with 2 kids under 15mths, I don't think I'll be doing too much going out until probably sometime in 2012!) Hopefully someone will read it and maybe even be entertained by it. I must say it is a really good way to keep family that we don't see often up to date with things that happen in my small corner of the world. Facebook is a great tool to stay in touch, but when you like to talk (as I do) it is often restrictive on how much you can say. And like everyone, I am often busy through the day and find that the only really convenient time for me to have long phone conversations, where I can actually focus wholly on the conversation is at 10pm at night... which of course is not convenient for anyone else!!!
So here it is.... My Ramblings.......
I just found your blog, I didn't know you had one. It's great. You even mentioned me! Lol.
ReplyDelete